Macro security keeps you computer safe, but can also limit which macros you can run. In this video, learn how to manage macro security settings.
- [Instructor] Access uses macro security settings…to limit how and when macros and VBA code can run.…If you're having trouble running macros or VBA code,…you can use the techniques in this movie to enable them.…I have opened the course database,…and I'm going to open the Access Options dialog box.…To do that, I will go to the File tab, and go down…to the bottom of the navigation panel, and click Options.…The Access Options dialog box opens…to the last page that you had visited,…so I'll click Trust Center, and then, on this page,…I'll click Trust Center Settings.…
On the left, you'll see that the navigation bar…has a new set of categories.…So I'll click Macro Settings, and I'm faced…with the four settings that I can use.…The first option is the most secure,…and that is Disable all macros without notification.…So you might wonder, why would you want to turn off macros.…Well, macros are computer code,…and that means people can use them…to do malicious things to your computer.…If you want to turn off macros entirely,…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.