You can manage fields using modification techniques such as changing the field caption, field size, and type. In this video, learn how to add and remove fields, change field captions, sizes and types, and how to configure fields to auto-increment.
- In this video we will review how to best manage your … fields in your tables. … We'll look at how to add and remove fields. … How to change data types. … And how to change field properties, such as captions, … field size, default values and … how to auto-increment a field. … Let's jump into our manage fields database. … And we're going to work with our employee data table. … Now there's two ways to make changes to the fields … in your table. … You can right click on the tab and go to design view … and make all of your changes here. … So in this view we see each of the field names. … On the right hand side we see each of the data types … assigned to them. … Right off we see that ID is our primary key field. … Remember that means no duplicate information. … And it's set to auto-number. … Which means every time we add a new record, it will … incrementally increase the record number. … The department field has a data type of short text. … And if I look down in the properties, I see the field size …
- Modifying the database structure
- Managing table relationships and keys
- Exporting data
- Managing records and fields
- Creating and running queries
- Configuring form controls
- Modifying form positioning
- Grouping report fields
- Formatting reports
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Managing Databases
3. Create and Modify Tables
4. Create and Modify Queries
5. Modify Forms in Layout View
6. Modify Reports in Layout View
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.