One way to manage errors that occur is by using On Error statements. In this video, learn how to manage errors in VBA code using On Error statements.
- [Narrator] Even the best programmers make mistakes…when they write VBA code.…What sets the good coders apart from the average…is their ability to detect and fix problems…in their subroutines and functions.…Access VBA provides several different tools…that you can use to discover…and fix any errors you encounter.…In this movie,…I'll demonstrate how you can manage error handling,…by using On Error statements.…I have opened up the course database…and I will press Alt + F11…to move to the Visual Basic Editor.…
And then from here, I can insert a code module…by going to the insert tab the ribbon, and clicking module.…And I will move…the code window to a more visible place.…I'll start by creating a subroutine,…so I'll say Sub CheckError.…I won't pass any values to it,…so I'll just type an open and closed parentheses,…then Enter a couple of times to give myself some space.…Now, I can declare two variables,…so I'll type Dim lngNumber as Long,…so Long integer type, then a comma,…and we'll do a second one, which is the result,…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.