Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Making backups, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- Access is one of the only programs…in the Office Suite that doesn't feature…an auto-recovery option in the case…of a program crash or unexpected shut down.…Because of this, you want to make sure…that you're backing up your databases…on a regular basis, luckily Access makes it…really easy to create backups so there is…absolutely no reason to not protect yourself and your data.…In order to create a backup, we'll just come up here…and visit our backstage view by going to the File tab…and then I'm going to come down…and hit the Save As button here.…We have a couple of different options…of how we want to save our database.…
The one I'm interested in right now…is the Back Up Database option here at the bottom.…We'll go ahead and select that and then press Save As.…That'll open up our standard Save As dialogue box…where we can browse to a specific location…in this case it's just going to put it right back where…my original file was, which is in the Chapter 1 folder.…Then we can take a look at the File name down here.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.