- You may not have realized it but…the Microsoft Office Suite contains another…great database program.…Outlook maintains tables in its own…databases of all your emails, contacts,…tasks, and calendar events.…We can dig into that database from Access in order…to easily bring in information from Outlook.…In order to get to your Outlook database, you're going…to go up here to the External Data tab and in the Import…and Link section, you're going to click the More button…here and then at the very bottom you'll find…a link to the Outlook folder.…When I click that, the Get External Data…Outlook Folder Wizard starts up.…
It asks us how we want to bring the data in here to Access.…We can either import the source data into brand new tables…in the current database, we can append a copy…of some records into an existing table, if we have one,…or we can create a link to the data source by creating…a linked table if we make changes to our Outlook folder.…For instance, we add a new contact or add a new contact…or add a task to our calendar, then we'll be able to see…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.