- Now that we've seen all of the controls…that we have at our disposal…when creating forms and reports,…let's bring this full circle…and piece a couple of them together…to control the chart…that we created in the last movie.…That chart, if you remember,…we had saved under this form here,…called Orders by Month.…Let's double-click on it to open it.…The chart is pulling data…that comes out of this query here, called Order Dates.…Right now, we're showing a graph…of all of our orders from January, 2013…through the end of December, 2013.…Let's go ahead and open up this query here.…I'll right-click on it…and say Design View.…
In the last movie, we created this query, Criteria,…to filter out our order dates…to a specific date range of just the dates…that appeared in 2013.…What I wanna do is, create a form…that allows my end users to specify their own date range,…so we're not stuck with just the one that I've chosen here.…Let's go ahead and create that form to do that.…I'm gonna go ahead and close down…both of these objects.…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.