Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Leveraging multiple criteria with AND and OR statements, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- Adding multiple query criteria to filter your records…can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.…Let's create a query that explores our Guest data…and uses multiple filtering criteria.…And we'll start, just like we have before,…on the Create tab in our query designer.…Here I'm going to add in a couple of tables.…I'm going to double-click on Guests,…we're going to double-click on RoomAssignments,…and I'll double-click on Rooms.…That'll add those three tables up here to the grid…and I can go ahead and close out the Show Table window.…Next we're going to pull down a few fields.…From the Guest table I want the FirstName…and the LastName, so I'll double-click on each.…
We're also going to grab the Country from the Guest table.…From RoomAssignments I want the CheckInDate…and the day of the week, which is this field here.…And finally from the Rooms table,…I want to get the RoomName here,…this one, I'll double-click that, and Bed.…So add that one as well.…So now we have seven columns down here…in my Query Designer and we can start…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.