Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Launching macros at startup, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- It might be useful to have a macro run…immediately when a database is first open.…We can do that by giving one of our macro…objects a very special name.…Lets create a macro that's going to run…at start-up. We're actually just going to modify…one of the macro's we've already got created…called the "Good Morning" macro.…Let's right-click on it and open it in Design View.…I want to add in one additional step to this macro…and that's called the 'MessageBox'.…Type in the 'MessageBox' action.…We'll go ahead and fill in a message of…"Welcome to the Landon Hotel Database".…
I'm going to set this 'Beep' property to 'No'…and the 'Type' we'll go ahead and say 'Information'.…Finally, we're going to set a 'Title' here to the…slogan of the Landon Hotel which is…'You'll feel at home in our neighborhood'.…Next, I want to move this MessageBox action…all the way to the top. I'll press this green arrow on it…and we'll just continue moving it up until it gets…to the very top of our steps here.…We'll go ahead and close and save the changes here.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.