Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Launching Access and the backstage screen, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- Starting Access for the very first time…is pretty straight forward.…I'm on Windows 10 right now.…All you need to do is come down here to the new Start button…Go ahead and give that a click.…And you find some sections here.…You might find Access in the most used programs, here.…Or possibly in Recently Added.…If you're not seeing it in either of those locations though,…you can come to All Apps here,…and this provides an alphabetized list,…and luckily Access starts with an A,…so it's right here at the top.…Another way you can start Access,…is to use the new Search feature…on the Windows 10 task bar.…You can just click here and type in Access,…and it should launch the program,…or even use your voice if you have that set up.…
If you're on a Windows 8 machine, though,…you'll find the Access 2016 tile on your start screen,…or you can perform a search using the Search charm.…So however you find it, go ahead and launch Access.…Once Access is open,…it's going to present us with the options…to start a new database file.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.