Macros and data macros supplement the flexibility and power of VBA. In this video, learn how to introduce access macros and data macros.
- [Instructor] There are several different ways…that you can automate Microsoft Access…by creating different types…of macros and VBA code.…In this movie, I will provide a quick comparison…for the three methods that are most often used.…I've already described the one, VBA,…and we'll describe the other two,…which we'll cover in this chapter.…First, macros let you select actions…from a predefined list.…In Microsoft Access, macros are considered…separate from Visual Basic for Applications.…
So your VBA code in, for example,…Microsoft Excel, is usually called a macro.…However, in Access, macro means a specific type…of database object.…Data macros let you build actions…when table data meets specific criteria.…For example, if you have a customer…from California, you can have a data action…that sends you an email indicating…that they signed up.…There might be special information, or discounts,…or perhaps, government programs…for customers from California.…
And finally, VBA lets you do just…about anything you want.…Whereas macros have a predefined list…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.