Access VBA includes data types that let you store your data. In this video, get an introduction to Access data types.
- [Instructor] When you work with variables in your VBA code…you should define them so that you can store the data…you want to work with,…and detect any errors you've made while you're programming.…In this movie, I will describe…the available access VBA data types.…Some of the basic types we use include byte,…which is an eight bit digit, zeros and ones.…And that allows you to encode a number from zero to 255.…A special case of the byte is a Boolean bit,…that is a single one or zero,…and that can be true or false represented as one or zero.…
Moving to larger numbers, you can have the integer,…which is a whole number that has no decimal component,…and the range goes from minus 32,768 through zero,…and all the way up to 32,767.…You can also have what's called a long integer,…which goes from negative 2 billion, 147 million in change,…to the positive number that corresponds.…You'll notice that the positive number is one less…than the negative number in absolute terms,…that's because you have to include zero.…
Other numerical data types that you can use…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.