Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing reports, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- Reports prepare your data for printed output.…They gather input records from tables and queries,…then add formatting and page layout capabilities…in order to organize the data and make it more legible.…As you can see on the Create tab up here,…we have several different ways that we can create reports.…They share many of the same design principles…that we've already seen when creating forums,…including the same use of control objects…and a very similar Design and Layout view.…The easiest way to get started creating a basic report…is to use the one-click Report button…here at the very beginning.…
First, we want to make sure that we've got our data source…selected over here in the Navigation Pane.…We're going to build a report…off of the CheckinDetails query that we've created earlier.…So, go ahead and make sure that that's selected,…and then up here in the report section press…the button that says, "Report."…Access creates the report and places us in Layout view.…You can tell we're in Layout view…just by looking up here at the top of the toolbar.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.