SQL Server Management Studio is the desktop application that will allow you to log in and modify the Azure SQL database. It’ll provide the bridge between Access and the cloud.
- [Narrator] In order to work with our…new Azure SQL database,…we'll need to install a new program on our computer…called SQL Server Management Studio.…You can find it at this URL or just do a search for SSMS.…At the time of this recording, the current version is 17.1.…And you can find the download link for it…down here on the page.…Clicking on this link will download the installation files…and you can go ahead run them to install…SQL Server Management Studio on your computer.…Then, we need to get our Azure SQL database…ready to log into.…
Let's go ahead and switch back into our…Microsoft Azure portal.…From the main portal page, we'll click on SQL databases…on the left hand side of the screen.…Then, we'll click on the database name…that we want to log into.…On the overview page, I want to find the section…called Server name.…This is the name of the server, or the location…we are going to use to log into it.…Go ahead and click on the icon on the right side…to copy it to you clipboard.…Then, we need to setup the server firewall for this database…
In this course, Adam Wilbert shows you how, by exploring options for getting your data out of Microsoft Access, making it easier to share with others. He covers Access data export options, and demonstrates how to modify exported files with a text editor. He also explains how to link Access to an Azure SQL database to provide a cloud storage solution for your Access tables.
- Why not use web apps?
- Exporting data to HTML
- Formatting HTML with table CSS
- Working with data exports
- Converting data to JSON
- Building a webpage to parse exports
- Linking to an Azure SQL database
- Linking Access to Azure tables
- Interacting with data on the web