Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing tables, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- If you already have information stored in a file,…such as an Excel workbook, then you don't need to…retype it in order to bring it into Access.…You can use the tools that are available to you up here…in the External Data tab of the ribbon.…I want to pay attention to the left-hand side here,…the Import and Link section, and here we have lots of…different ways we can bring data in.…We can bring it in from an Excel file,…which is what we're going to do.…We can also bring data from other Access databases,…or we can connect to other database servers…like a SQL Server.…If we have comma delimited or some other text format,…we can use this option here.…
We can bring in XML files, and if you click More,…there's some other options down here.…Now I want to pay attention to the left-hand side,…not the right-hand side, which is the Export section.…So we have similar buttons for Excel, for instance,…where we can send data out to Excel,…but we're going to bring data in from Excel,…so I'm going to use this button here.…Before I do that, though, what I want to do in this example…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.