Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying unmatched records, part of Access 2010: Queries in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The Find Unmatched query is another query type that we can use to keep…our database organized.…The Find Unmatched query will look at one table and find all of the records…that will have associated data in another table.…Let's take a look at how we can use the Find Unmatched query to find all of the…states that don't have any customers in them yet.…We'll go up to the Create tab and we'll select the Query Wizard.…I'll choose the Unmatched Query Wizard and say OK.…Now, we need to choose the table that has the information in it that we're looking for.…
We're looking for all the states that don't have customers, so I'll choose the States table.…Go ahead and say Next.…Now, Access asks us which table or query contains the related records.…Here we're looking for customers.…So I'll select my DirectCustomers table and say Next.…Access has correctly identified how those two tables are related.…The Abbreviation field in the States table and the States field in the Customers table.…We'll go ahead and say Next again.…
- Naming conventions and best practices
- Working with joins
- Using comparison operators
- Defining criteria for select queries
- Creating parameter queries
- Creating calculated fields
- Working with dates and times
- Using the Expression Builder
- Creating conditional statements
- Making, deleting and appending records
- Building reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Access 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock3h 43m Intermediate
1. Creating Queries in Access
2. Creating Simple Select Queries
3. Creating Parameter Queries
Creating a combo box4m 30s
4. Applying Aggregate Calculations (aka Totals Queries)
5. Working with Dates in Queries
6. Understanding Conditional Statements
7. Linking It All Together
8. Alternative Query Types
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.