Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video How to report on web app data, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- Everything we've been creating is all about views.…This is a totally form-based application.…So, what if I wanted reports?…How would I create them?…If you need to create reports,…what you'll do, is you'll actually create another database…that connects to the same data source right here.…So, I was here in Access.…I go to File and I would choose Report on my Data…and what you're going to create…is another database that will be connected.…
If necessary, this will also…enable a read-only connection…and open a firewall to your database…because all you'll be using it for is reporting.…So, if you are the person in your organization…who needs to start working on reports,…and you're thinking wow, I really like this web app,…but I need to have some printed reports…and I don't have a good way to do that…with what I have, yes you do.…You'll just create a desktop database…that connects to exactly the same data.…So, as you and the other people on your team…or in your area are working with the data…and making changes, your reports are…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 58m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.