Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Grouping and sorting records, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- Understanding the grouping and sorting options available…when setting up your reports will allow you…to have complete control over the organization,…layout, and styling of your data.…Doing this in Layout view will allow you…to experiment of the grouping and sorting of your records…into logical arrangements.…Now I have imported a new query here…called CheckInAnalysis.…Let's go ahead and double-click on it to run it.…We can see that this query groups…all of our room assignment data…based off of the room type and name,…the type of bed, and the day of the week…that the person checked in.…Then we have a couple of summary calculations…that count up how many check ins…fall into each category,…and the sum total of the revenue earned…from each category.…
Finally we have a column here called SortDay,…which is just a numerical representation…of the day of the week.…We can use this column for sorting records in our report.…If we didn't have this column and we tried to sort…on the day of the week it would sort it alphabetically,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.