Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting a different look with crosstab queries, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- Queries generally follow the rows and columns,…or records and fields model for their layout.…We have a slightly modified layout option available to us,…called a Crosstab Query,…that gives us headers along the top and side…and then aggregate, or summary, data…that appears in the middle.…Let's put one together that takes a look at the visits…to our various room options at the hotel.…Now, the Crosstab Query is just a variation…on a Totals Query, so we'll start there,…and then convert it over to a Crosstab Query.…In order to create that Totals Query,…we start in the Create tab…and go ahead and visit the Query Designer here.…
Now, I'm going to add in some information…from my RoomAssignments table here,…and then I also want the Rooms data,…so that I can get some information…about the types of beds that we have available in our rooms.…Go ahead and close down the Show Table window here.…And I'm going to double-click on RoomName and Bed,…to add both of those columns down here into my query grid.…And then I also want to pull out the AssignmentID,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.