- You can have a basic data entry form,…up and running, in as little as two clicks.…First, select the table you'd like to create…a form for the navigation pane.…I'll go ahead and make sure that…the Guests table is selected.…Then go up to the Create tab here, and in the Forms group,…press the first button there that says Form.…Access will go ahead and analyze the Guests table,…and create a basic data entry form…based off of the data that's in that table.…This form has cells that correspond…to a single guest's record in the table,…we can view this information here, or edit it,…in order to make changes back into the original data table.…
And, just like viewing a data table,…we have the same record selectors across the bottom,…down here, in order to page through our different records.…In addition to the text boxes up here…that hold the information about our individual guests,…if I scroll down on this form a little bit,…you'll also notice that we have this subdatasheet here,…that's showing us information about the various check-ins…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.