Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting the table icon, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- In our web app, each of the table names…is preceded by a star, star Issues,…star Employees, star Projects, and you might think that…that operates just like a bullet, and it does,…but you can actually change that icon…for the individual tables.…So if, for example, for Employees I wanted to have…something that looked more like people,…Contacts, Employees.…I can click the Formatting button…and the only formatting I can apply…is actually to choose a different icon.…
If I scroll up a little ways and I hover…over one, people, okay, I'll do that.…And notice that it changes the icon here.…That's pretty good.…And if I wish, I can try to find…an appropriate icon for Projects.…I might be able to do that, something like…a file folder, for example, or a timeline.…You'll want something that actually seems…to work, if you can, something that's similar…to what you are looking at.…So notice we have mail…and ships and boats.…All projects have timelines, so perhaps…an alarm clock would work for that.…
And Issues could be anchors,…things that weigh you down, or Issues…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
Welcome Updated1m 2s
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps Updated1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.