- When skimming a long report,…it can be pretty easy to skip right over…some very significant numbers.…By utilizing the conditional formatting rules…within your reports,…you can make sure that values…that warrant a second look get noticed.…We'll continue building on the customer lifetime sales…report from the last movie.…Let's go ahead and double-click on it to run it.…Now, one of the things that I'd like to do…is highlight all of our customers…that have spent less than $100 with KinetEco.…We can do that with Conditional Formatting.…Let's go ahead and take this report into Design view.…I'll switch my view up here.…Then I'll select this lifetime sales box…where the data appears,…and come up here on the ribbon to the Format tab…and choose Conditional Formatting.…
Now we can establish a new formatting rule.…I press New Rule, and we'll choose where…the field value is.…Instead of between, we can choose less than.…And I'll go ahead and type 100 here.…So if the lifetime sales is less than 100,…we're gonna format it based off of…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.