Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting columns, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- Most of the text formatting…that you'll want to do will occur…in a form or report object.…After all, they're specifically designed…for screen interfaces and printed output.…However, there are some very basic…formatting tools available when you're viewing…your tables directly in Datasheet view.…Let's go ahead and open up the Guests table here,…I'll double-click on it to open it in the Datasheet view.…And you can find these formatting options…over here on the Home tab in the…Text Formatting section over here on the right.…However, these might not function quite as you would expect,…particularly if you have experience formatting…your documents in something like Excel.…
For instance, if I wanted to come over here…and apply a bold format to this name here,…I might think okay, I'll come in and I'll highlight…this name and then I'll press the bold icon here,…to convert that to bold, but you notice…it actually changed everything…in the whole table to bold.…Let's go ahead and uncheck that…to return it back to normal.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.