Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting and the Format Painter, part of Access 2013: Forms and Reports.
- In the last movie…we looked at how to add fields…to our form's design…and organize elements on the page.…Now let's turn our attention…to the Format tab.…The Format tab has many…of the common formatting options…that you may recognize…from other programs…such as Word or Excel.…We're going to continue…refining our Employee Directory form…and I'm going to switch it over here…into Design View.…Now on the contextual tabs…up here at the top,…we'll switch to the Format tab.…The first section over here…is the Selection section.…I can choose from a list of all the elements…that are on my Form,…for instance Department here…will highlight that element over here on the form.…
I can even choose all the different labels…although those aren't clearly defined.…For instance, Label3,…I'm not sure which one that is…but I can click on it…and it's apparently this Building label here.…We also have a button to Select All,…to select all of my elements.…I can also use the keyboard shortcut,…ctrl + a, to do the same thing.…So if I click anywhere out here…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.