Learn how to hide fields in a table so that the data is still in the database and can be used in Reports and calculations, but isn't displayed for all to see. Author Jen McBee will also demonstrate how to rename tables,change data formats and add total ro
- [voiceover] You've been working really hard on…on your database and you're just about ready to…release it to other users.…You're thinking about your tables…and you realize that in the employees table,…there's salary information.…And, you decide that you should hide that information.…Now, just because we hide information in a table,…doesn't mean that we can't use it in reports and queries.…We're just hiding it from view.…You've also noticed, in your database,…that some of your tables and maybe one of your…forms has been saved with the default name.…
And, you want to go ahead and rename those…objects before you release the database to your users.…There may be some fields that you need to change…the data formats for.…For instance, if you're trying to capture date…information, but the field is set to a number data…type, it's not going to pull the information as a date.…And if you try and run a report, based on dates,…your information will be incorrect.…So, we'll tak a look at to change those data types.…We'll also look at adding total rows to the…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.