Formatting data into two or more columns makes the data easier to read and uses less paper when printing the report. In this video, learn how to format reports in two columns, and how to format labels and text boxes.
- [Instructor] When our reports include dozens … or hundreds of records, but only two or three fields … we can reformat the report so the data is displayed … in two or more columns so it's easier to read. … We can also add formatting to our labels, … and text boxes so important data in the report … really stands out. … After watching this video you will know how … to format your data into two columns, … and how to format your labels and text boxes. … Let's jump right in to our report controls database, … and take a look at our 2018 Orders report. … There's a lot of good information in this report, … but it's not really easy to read, because of spacing issues. … So let's go into design view … and we see that our customer label … and text box are very wide. … Let's select both of those. … I just clicked on one and held down my Shift key … to select both of them. … We'll come over to the properties sheet window … and we will change the width from four inches … down to 1.5, much better. …
- Modifying the database structure
- Managing table relationships and keys
- Exporting data
- Managing records and fields
- Creating and running queries
- Configuring form controls
- Modifying form positioning
- Grouping report fields
- Formatting reports
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Managing Databases
3. Create and Modify Tables
4. Create and Modify Queries
5. Modify Forms in Layout View
6. Modify Reports in Layout View
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.