Learn how to modify the tab order in forms, both manually and using auto-order forms. Author Jen McBEe will explore formatting print layouts, sorting records, focusing on the skills you may be asked to demonstrate on the Access 2013 MOS Exam.
- [Voiceover] We have been working hard…on creating some really cool forms.…And now it's time to talk about formatting our forms.…On your Access 2013 MOS exam,…you'll probably be asked to modify a tab order.…Sometimes when we insert or move fields around,…the tab order gets out of wack.…Which means we might start at the top of the form,…and we start tabbing through to get down…to the next field,…when all of the sudden it jumps us all the way…down to the bottom of the field.…I'm gonna show you how to fix that.…
We'll also learn how to apply a theme to our form.…We'll insert a really cool background,…talk about headers and footers some more,…and we'll insert an image.…We'll put a logo up in the header of our form.…Let's go ahead and get started.…We're going to first open the Customers form.…So, what I want to do is insert the company id field.…It looks like when we created the form,…we forgot to include that particular field.…
Let's go into Design View.…We'll go up to our Tools,…and we're going to select Add Existing Fields.…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.