Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding unmatched records, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- Our Select Queries are usually used…to find records and match them to related information…in our other tables.…The default behavior is to only show records…that have a match from both sides in the relationship.…We can adjust this parameter, though,…which enables us to find other types of information.…For instance, we can easily find any people…in the Guests table…that have never actually checked in to the hotel.…In order to do that, we'll start a new Query in Design View,…and I'm going to add in information from the Guests table…and from the RoomAssignments table.…Once we've added both of those,…we'll go ahead and close the Show Table window.…
Let's select a few fields.…I'm going to double-click on GuestID, FirstName,…and LastName from the Guests table,…as well as CheckInDate here from the RoomAssignments table,…and then I'm going to come down and double-click…on the GuestID that's in the RoomAssignments table,…so we'll actually have two instances of GuestID,…one of them coming out of the Guests table,…and the other coming out of the RoomAssignments table.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.