Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering table data, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- The Filtering options on a table…allow you to limit the number of records on screen…to only those of interest.…Just like with Sorting, this allows you…to quickly get to the information that you need.…Let's work with the Guests table again.…I'll double-click on it here in the navigation pane,…and, once again, we're going to return our attention…to the Home tab and the Sort & Filter section…right over here.…Now let's say that I wanted to find…all of the guests that live in the country of China.…In order to do that, one of the easiest ways is…to find one of these people.…In this case, this person here, Anne Harvey.…We'll go ahead and click on this field that says China,…and we can come up here to the ribbon.…
We have a Filter by Selection option here,…it's a drop-down menu and we have the options of…Equals "China", Does Not Equal "China",…Contains "China", or Does Not Contain "China".…Let's go ahead and say Equals "China",…and that will Filter out my data table…to just the people who live in the country of China.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.