- When you're working with a large database,…or you need to explore the inner-workings of a database…that somebody else created, it's important to understand…how all of the objects interrelate.…We've seen how you can use the Relationship screen…to explore the relationships between multiple tables,…but that doesn't tell you what queries rely on specific…tables, or which forms send data to a specific report.…To get a deep dive into the interconnectedness of all…of your objects, we're going to turn to the Database Tools…tab here, and take a look at an option called…Object Dependencies here.…Go ahead and click on that, and that should open up…the Object Dependencies pane on the far right hand side.…
The first time you run the tool, you may be prompted to…rebuild the dependency information.…Go ahead and press OK to that, and it should return you…to this screen here.…We can go ahead and expand this a little bit here,…so we can read all the text inside of it.…Now, I always get a kick out of the fact that these…first two options up here are written in first person.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.