- Validation rules allow you to control…what data gets saved in the database.…If you try and enter in a value…that isn't allowed by the validation rule,…Access will display a warning and allow you…to fix the problem.…Let's put some validation rules into effect…on our credit cards table.…I'm going to double-click on it to review…the data that we have inside of here right now.…First, I want to make sure that the expiration date here…is either today's date or something in the future.…I don't want the ability to enter in a credit card…that's already been expired.…The other thing I want to do is let's suppose that the hotel…can only accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards over here.…
I want to create a validation rule that ensures…that we don't enter in a card from an unsupported merchant.…So, let's go ahead and make those changes…by switching into Design View.…First, let's take a look at the expiration date one.…I'll go ahead and click on this button here…to select that field and then we'll come down here…and we've got two properties to deal with.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.