Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing constraints with criteria, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- In addition to gathering and displaying records…from data tables,…we can add filtering constraints to the Query Design Grid…to only display the exact records…that we're interested in seeing.…Let's see how this works by exploring the data…we've collected on the Landon Hotels guests.…I'm going to create a new query in Design View…by going to the Create Tab…and then coming over here to the Query Design button.…Next, we're going to add in the Guest Table…to the Query Design, so I'll just double click on it here…in the Show Table window,…and then I'll close the window here.…Then, we're going to add a few fields…from the upper portion down into the grid down below,…and I will take the FirstName, the LastName,…and let's expand this open a little bit here.…
I want the PhoneNumber next,…then we want the Country,…and then finally the State.…So we've got some information about all of our guests.…Now at this point, I can view my Data Sheet here…in order to see all of the Query Results.…We can see that we have a total of 201 records…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.