- Adding new records to your database…is as easy as filling in the blanks.…Each record, or horizontal row, will contain…information about a single entity.…In our case, the 'Guests' table will collect information…about the individuals that visit the Landon Hotel.…Each row will contain information about a single guest.…Let's start to put in a couple of records into our database.…First, I'm going to go ahead and open up…the 'Guest' table just by double-clicking on it…over here in the 'Navigation' pane.…Now, if we try and type in the GuestID number,…for instance, if I go over here where it says 'new'…it's already highlighted for me.…
If I try to press the '1' key, you'll notice that…down at the very bottom I get this message…saying that the control can't be edited,…it's bound to an auto number field GuestID.…That's saying that Access is going to provide…this number for us so it will take care of it…and we don't need to type in a number here.…I'm going to press the TAB key to move over to the…first name field and I'm going to type in…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.