Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Entering data using a view, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- Now let's focus on the user interface, what are called…views in a web app, and you might think of as forms…in other types of applications.…I'd like to be able to enter information about…a couple of employees just to see how this works…and so we'll have some feeling about what…kind of modifications we might like to make.…I don't have the ability to see this any place…but in a browser, so if I want to actually be able…to work with it, I'll need to launch my app.…Again the first time you do this, it's going to…take a moment, but I've done this previously, so look…how quickly it got here.…
And even though I had employees selected when I started,…it opens with the top table, or Issues, open.…I'm going to choose Employees, and notice…that the way this works is I have three views here.…I have a List view, I have a Datasheet view,…and I have By Group, which is a group view…that allows me to filter.…That's pretty cool.…So I'm going to enter a couple of Employees.…My first employee is Zachary Tate.…And you'll notice that I have First Name and Last Name…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.