Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Enabling Access in SharePoint, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- I've created a new site for our work together.…I called mine App Workbench.…This is a good practice.…You don't want to mix together…your production environment with some things…that you're trying out for a course,…even if you're the only person…in your production environment.…So, here's my site and I need to make sure…that there are two different features of this site…that are enabled.…So, I'm going to go click on the gear…to get to my settings.…Go to site settings.…Choose manage site features.…
And the first thing I wanna make sure…is that access app is active, right here.…And then I'm going to scroll down…and also make sure that access services are running…and they are part of a bundle of features…called the SharePoint server enterprise site features.…It includes Excel services and Visio services,…as well as Access services.…And both of these are enabled.…They are both active, so I'm all set.…I've ensured that the two features that I need…to be able to create and run my apps are turned on.…
So, I can now go back to the home page of my site.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.