- Macros can activate all kinds of abilities in your database,…and the most common way to trigger them…is by pressing a button.…Earlier we saw how we can use…a button wizard in the Form Controls…to choose from a list of pre-defined actions.…Using a full macro designer, we can get…much more control over the functions…that our buttons perform.…Let's add some buttons to enhance…the functionality of the CheckInAnalysis report.…I'm going to find it here in the Navigation pane,…and just double click on it to open it.…Now this report looks a lot different…than the last time you've seen it.…I spent some time cleaning up the header rows,…and organizing the data a little more.…
Now let's continue to refine it by adding in some buttons.…I'm going to switch my view here into the Layout mode.…I'll use the bottom portion of this button here,…and choose to Layout View.…Then I'm going to click on this cell right here,…which is in the page header section.…And I'm going to go to the Arrange tab here,…and we're going to choose to insert a new row above.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.