Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Emailing with macros, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- If you're like me, I'm sure you find yourself…constantly exporting files, saving them to your hard drive,…opening your email program, and then attaching the file…and then finally sending it off.…That's a lot of work for something that we do so regularly.…I'd much rather press one button and be done with it.…Well, using what we've seen about macros,…we can do just that, and it's a fantastic time saver.…I'm going to scroll down in my navigation pane,…and find the report called Check In Analysis.…Let's go ahead and double click on it…to open it up in report view.…Rather than going through the process of…exporting it to a PDF,…and then manually creating a new email and attaching it,…we can simply use the built-in Export to Email option,…which you can find up here on the External Data tab,…and then press Email here.…
When I do that, it asks me which type of file…I want to export.…I can choose the PDF from the list here,…and say OK.…When I do that, it exports it as a PDF,…it opens up my default email client,…which for me is Outlook.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.