Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing table structure in Design view, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- All of the objects that we're going to be creating…in Access have multiple ways to work with them.…These are called Views, and you can switch…between the available Views by using the very first button…here on the Home tab, which is this View button here.…Let's go ahead and double-click on the Guests table…to open it up to activate that button here.…And you'll notice that it's a split button.…I have a toggle here on the top that'll toggle…between the two default states.…And then if I click on the bottom half of the button here,…you'll see some additional options,…if there are any for the particular item…that you're working with here.…In this case, tables only have two Views.…We have Datasheet View, and we have Design View.…
Currently, we're in Datasheet View,…so that's why you see the upper half of the button…will switch you into Design View.…And if you click on that,…it'll take you into something called Design View,…and we'll talk about this in a moment.…And you'll notice that that button changes…to indicate that we'll switch back…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.