Table data can change, which means you will need to edit some values. In this video, learn how to edit values in an existing table row.
- [Instructor] When you want to allow your users…to edit values within a table,…you can do so by creating a subroutine…that opens the table and applying the edits.…In this movie, I will show you how to create that code.…I'm working in the course database,…and I've opened the Customers table in table view.…The goal of the subroutine I'm going to create…is to change the zip code of the customer…with customer number one.…So that would be Kelly Reynolds in the top row.…
And we're going to change the zip code…from 58505…to 58539.…To create that code,…I need to go to the Visual Basic editor,…so I'll press ALT + F11 and I'll create a code module.…So I click insert module and there it is.…I'll create this as a subroutine,…so I'll type sub and then editzip as the name.…I don't need to pass any arguments.…So I'll just have an open and closed parentheses…and I'll press enter a couple of times,…noting that Access added the end sub line for me.…
So I have the beginning and end of the subroutine.…Now I can start by creating a variable…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.