Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Documenting your work, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- The only thing worse than opening up…an unfamiliar database and realizing…that you can't figure out what the creator was thinking…when they put it together,…is opening up a database that you, yourself, created…and not remembering why you did it the way you did.…I'm a big proponent of keeping…a detailed documentation trail inside of the database file.…Fortunately, Access provides us lots of opportunity…for you to leave notes to the next database designer…that has to follow in your footsteps.…First, let's start with a table.…I'm going to come up here and find the Guest table…and open it into Design view.…In the Design view we have this Description field…over here on the right that we can put in some information…about the type of data that's going to be stored here.…
Earlier we added reminders that this here…is the zip or international postal code field,…and that the phone number will require…a nine-digit phone number plus the country code.…If we close this and right click on the table here,…we can go down to the Table Properties…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.