Some database actions, such as deleting a table row, usually require user confirmation. In this video, learn how to display or hide warnings.
- Writing a VBA code lets you…automate actions within your database.…One benefit of that automation is speed.…You don't need to users to initiate or confirm…many actions, they just happen because of your code.…Some actions, such as deleting a table row,…usually do require users to verify the action.…You can choose to hide those warning boxes,…so your code runs without interruption.…I'll demonstrate how to do that in this movie.…I have opened the course database,…and I need to create a form with two command buttons on it.…
One to turn warnings off,…and the other to turn them back on.…So I will go to the Create tab on the ribbon,…and I'll click, Form Design.…That gives me a form in the design view.…On the Design contextual tab of the ribbon,…I will click the Button control,…and click on the body, the detail section of the form.…I don't want to use the Command Button Wizard,…so I'll just click, Cancel,…and I have my first Command button.…
I'll do the same thing for another,…and we have Command one and two.…I'll change the text for the first Command button to…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.