Database tables store the data you use to perform your analysis. In this video, learn how to display every row in a table (recordset).
- [Instructor] If you, or one of your users,…wants to review the values in a table without using a form,…you can do so by moving through each tabled row…and displaying a couple of fields values in a message box.…For example, you could display a category name…and a category number…to make sure you haven't missed anything in your records.…I'll demonstrate how to do that in this movie.…I'm using the Show Records form,…which you can find in the Forms section…of the course database.…This form is very simple,…it just has a single button on it for Show All Records.…
I would like to add a VBA code routine…that will run when the button is clicked.…To do that I need to be in Design View.…So on the Home tab, I'll click the View button's down arrow.…And click Design View.…Then I'll right click the Show All Records button.…And at the top of the shortcut menu, click Build Event.…In the Choose Builder dialog box,…I'll click Code Builder and click OK.…This code module is for command button zero on this form…and it will run when the button is clicked.…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.