Database objects draw their data from tables and queries. In this video, learn how to discover a recordsource.
- [Instructor] Forms and Reports…displays the contents of a record source.…That is, a table or a query.…If you display a form or report,…and its contents aren't what you expect to see,…you should check which record source…it's drawing its values from.…In this movie, I will show you how to use VBA…to display the name of the database object…from which a form or report derives its values.…I have opened the course database…and displayed Products form in form view.…If I want to display the source of Product's data,…then I can create a code module attached to this form.…
To do that, I will switch to design view.…So I'll right-click the Products forms tab…and click design view.…Then I'll right-click a blank spot in the detail section…of the form, and click build event.…In the Choose Builder dialog box,…I'll click code builder, and then click ok.…And I will drag my code window to the top left.…I currently have the details section being clicked…as the event that I want the code to run on.…
I actually want it to run when the form is opened.…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.