Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Digging into Ribbon tabs, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- All of the tools that we'll be using in Access are…organized into the same ribbon tab layout that's been used…throughout the Office suite.…By default, there are four main ribbons plus the File tab,…which takes you to the backstage options.…Plus, you'll see additional tabs that'll appear…depending on the context of what you're working on.…Let's take a look at each tab and get a peek at…their organizations, starting with the File tab over here…on the upper left.…When you click on it, you'll realize that it isn't…really a ribbon at all.…It takes me to a screen called Backstage view.…This is where you can open a new file here or go into…a new file here if you want to load up a new template.…
You'll have options to Save and Save As,…and if you go to Save As, you can save the entire database…or just the object that you're currently working with.…We can close the existing database that we have open,…or we can get some information about current user account…and the Access options.…We'll take a look at these options here later on…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.