Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting relationships and tables, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- I'm back in our Issues web app,…and I want to remove a table.…As you may recall, I don't have a need…for a Customers table in my Issues app…because I'll only have internal people reporting.…So I wanna remove that table.…You might be tempted just to go here…and choose Delete.…I'm gonna do that, although it's not going to let us.…It's going to provide us with some helpful information.…If I delete this table, it says,…"You won't be able to undo this. Are you sure?"…Notice that the default is Cancel,…because it really will be gone.…
There isn't an Undo for this.…I'm gonna click Delete, and it says,…"Whoa, whoa, whoa! You can't do that."…The reason is that there are relationships…in the database.…The Customers table is used…as a look up table in the Issues table,…and it says I need to remove the field Customer…from the table Issues.…The reason I suggest that you go ahead…and try to delete is,…if there is more than one,…you'll actually get the information that you need to know…where you need to be able to go and remove fields.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 58m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.