Arrays let you store ranges of values, rather than just a single number or string. In this video, learn how to define an array.
- [Instructor] Most of the variables you deal with…when you write Access VBA code will be single variables.…Those could be item prices, shipping rates, whatever.…However, if you must deal with a set of values…of the same type, such as a set of shipping rates,…you can do so by creating an array.…In this movie, I will show you how to…create and manage arrays in Access VBA.…I've opened the course database and I'll press ALT + F11…to move to the Visual Basic Editor.…I want to create a code module to hold my VBA code,…so I will go to the Insert menu and click Module.…
I'll start by declaring a sub-routine.…So, S-U-B, a space, and then I'll just call it Arrays,…followed by left and right parentheses.…Now I need to define my array.…I'll start with just a single, one-dimensional array,…which is essentially a list.…So I'll type Dim, iRates for a set of shipping rates,…followed by a left parenthesis.…And within the parentheses that I'm going to type…I need to tell Access the size of the array.…
I want to have four items, so I will type the number 3…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.