Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating variables, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Excel 2013.
- Alright, so we can continue to expand our data set…and give ourselves even more insight into the data…by creating variables that add new columns to our report.…We're gonna get started on that with looking at adding some…time dimensions and then also using queries to remove…the duplicate survey or evaluate the data…and clean this up and make it.…We're also going to look at removing duplicates…by using some of the query options within Access.…The first section that we want to get started with…is removing the duplicate rows…and it was one of the first things…I noticed about the reports, so kinda before getting started…with the data prep, you wanna look through for things like…extra data, extra rows, and that sort of thing,…and so you can see here this…102221 is listed twice…both internal and external and we can see it in some other…examples down here as well…and so having looked through the data,…I can tell you that it's the Posting Type field…that's generating the duplicate rows.…
We wanna deal with getting that out of the duplicate data…
- Recognize three dimensions of a PivotTable.
- Summarize four design tips.
- Identify the two default sections for values in Excel.
- Explain how to add slicers in a single column.
- Recall the shortcut used to insert a hyperlink.
- Determine the location to look when you have an error while pasting data.