- The query design view is exceptionally powerful…and it allows you to create a query for nearly any scenario…that you can imagine.…However, it really is just a front end…to something even more powerful…that's happening in the background.…When you create a query in design view,…Access is translating those instruction into code…called structured query language, or SQL.…You can see the code for the queries you've created…by switching to this third view mode, SQL mode.…Now I'm not going to be able to get into…writing SQL queries here.…There are other courses in the Lynda.com library…that cover this topic in depth.…
But I thought it would be helpful for you to get…just a taste of what this looks like.…I want to walk you through the creation of one query type…that you actually cannot create using the design view.…The union query is useful for when you want to temporarily…join two tables together.…Unlike the append query, which permanently copies data…from one table and saves it into another,…the union query will keep the original data tables untouched…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.