Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating tables from a template, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- This is the app that we created in the last movie.…If you have closed that app…then you'll want to reopen it in Access.…Easy enough to do.…And we're being prompted to Add Tables.…There are a series of Tables…that are already available…and they're actually many of the same tables…that you would use if you were creating a desktop database.…They're organized in groups.…And, for example, if I knew that I wanted…to be able to track customers,…I might say, "Show me your Customer Tables."…Enter a search term and press Enter.…
And here are Customers, People, Contacts and so on.…Clients, oh there's Issues.…That's pretty cool.…Well actually, I'm going to add issues and press Enter.…And notice the Issues Table that I see here now.…We have other choices of ways to add tables.…We can create tables from other data sources.…We can create a new, blank table from scratch…and provide our own specifications.…But, in this case, I want the collections…of tables that are related to Issues.…And notice that it says, it…"includes Customers, Employees, and Comments."…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.