Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a table from a SharePoint list, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- The next thing we're going to do…is work with the SharePoint list.…And of the existing data sources that we can use,…this is the most powerful because our web app…is going to live on our SharePoint site.…It will be served by our SharePoint server,…and therefore, it has access to the data…that would be in SharePoint lists.…Now, I've already added a SharePoint list…to my Workbench site.…If you have access to the Exercise Files folder,…you'll find a file called Employees…in the Exercise Files.…And if you take that Employees file,…you can add it to SharePoint as an app.…
Doing so is beyond the scope of this course,…but if you're familiar with SharePoint,…and I'm assuming you are, just say that you'd like…to add a spreadsheet app, and it will allow you…to pull this Employees list in.…And if you don't have access to the Exercise Files,…any SharePoint list that's on the site…that you're working with is gonna do just fine.…So you might take a moment and simply enter…a SharePoint list that has two records in it…and information in three or four fields.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.