Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the report, part of Access 2013: Forms and Reports.
- In the last movie, we created this Profit Summary query…that gathered records for our report.…Now, it's time to start establishing the structure…of the report itself.…We'll do that by going to the CREATE tab…and then choosing Report Design.…Now, the first thing we need to do…is connect this report to the data source,…so I'll go over here to the Property Sheet,…and the Report Properties, I'll switch to the Data tab…and find the Record Source Property.…Using the drop-down list, I'm going to choose…the Profit Summary query that we built in the last movie.…Next, we need to set up our grouping and sorting levels.…I'll come over here to the ribbon…and turn on the Group & Sort window.…
First, I want to take those records…and group them based off of a year,…so I'll Add a group and choose Year.…Now, all the records that happened…in the same year will get grouped together,…and they'll get their own Header.…Next, within each Year category,…I want to group on the Region Name.…I'll go ahead and Add another group down here,…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.